Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Speech Criteria


We have been learning to write and present our speeches. We had to persuade the audience to think our way. The Olympics was our theme.
The criteria we had to use to write and present our speech included, an introduction, delivery, content and our conclusion.

When I was reading my speech to the class I thought that I had a few powerful, specific words. I thought that my speech was all right but I just didn't keep still. Felila recorded me and I looked back at myself presenting my speech I could see that I  kept moving and I didn't make eye contact with the audience.But the thing that I did right is the volume of my voice. 
Did you think that I kept still? I couldn't resist but to move. I had learned to put metaphors in my stories that I typed out. It was also was disappointing that Mrs. Barry was not there to see Chloe come second an Auariki came Fourth.
 I thought that I should have made it through to the finals because I had facts to back up what I was saying. But I know I have learnt a lot and am sure I will get to the finals next year.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kaz, I do the same thing when I speak in public. I tend to move a lot. I think it may be because I am a little nervous. But that is normal right. What tips to you have that helps keep nerves away?

Post a Comment